08.30 Saturday morning and the learning and development team arrived at Reigate. There were two items on our mind
- Would England beat Australia in the Rugby World Cup.
- What great thoughts ideas and feedback would we get from Think Differently
The Rugby drifted into the background as the internet connection stuttered and stalled. So as the 70+ Rotarian’s arrived and had their morning Coffee and Tea’s we prepared for the main event. A think Differently session looking at the following questions.
- What do you think is the perception of Rotary by the general public?
- What drives change in Rotary?
- Why do Rotarian’s resist change?
- How best to address their resistance within a Rotary Club?
- What must Rotary leave behind or do differently so that they have a sustainable future?
The output of the session has been sent to all attendees and provides a basis to develop a plan around what they feel is impacting on their ability to be sustainable as a group. Members of the District 1145 Leadership and Development Team would be very happy to support any group wishing to take this further. If you would like a copy of the output or more support let me know… just email Alan Moss
One thing for Sure Paul Harris was correct when he stated ‘This is a changing world; we must be prepared to change with it. The story of Rotary will have to be written again and again’ Paul Harris.
So, Let’s start the next chapter…