The concept of vocational service is rooted in the second object of Rotary. Which states High ethical standards in business and professions; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations; and the dignifying of each Rotarian’s occupation as an opportunity to serve society.
As a Rotarian, we need to put these ideals into practice below are listed 5 easy ways to promote Vocational Service
1. Tell fellow Rotarian’s about your occupation.
2. Learn the skill set of your fellow Rotarian’s
3. Look for projects in the community where you can use your skills and expertise .
4. Work with and support the young people in achieving their career goals.
5. Guide and encourage others in their professional development.
By connecting with our community, we will have the opportunity to support them. We can work together to achieve common aims. Undertaking these activities, brings vocational service to life.
Vocational service is the essence of Rotary and serves as the foundation from which we serve both within our district but also in communities around the world.
Another major benefit often forgotten is it raises the profile of Rotary, thus providing the opportunity for us to GROW.